I've always favored characters in movies that are the protective brother.
There's something about how they treat their sisters that is so heart warming to me.
Upon thinking about why this would be and if it could relate to God, I discovered some things.
That portrayal of the brother's protection over his sister speaks of his high views of her.
To him - who has no romantic feelings for her, no ulterior motives, and has watched her grow-up and mature before his eyes - she is a treasure that he can see why every guy would want to be with her but he is there to show that her character is worth protecting and not easily gained.
He sees her as beautiful, valuable, worthy of guarding, and pure.
This sister shares memories and blood with him.
He's discovered her precious goals and attributes and feelings when it comes to life.
He wants only the very best for her and has no problem weeding out those who would prey on her.
I see so many elements of Christ in this example.
And I feel like He is saying to each of us sisters in Christ:
"You are BEAUTIFUL, VALUABLE, PURE, and WORTHY of PROTECTING."
No comments:
Post a Comment