Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thinking of Thoughts

I was flipping through a notebook yesterday and ran across some random thoughts I had written down - some that connect with my last post.

5-26-10 ~ When I continually blame myself, it makes me "in control" because it's consistent and something I do. It's "easier" than repentance because I don't have to actually change anything because I'm consistently *doing* something by being willing to take the blame, so that seems like effort.

9-25-10(During a weekend of going to "The Bride of Christ" seminar led by Katherine and Pat Thomas) ~ Christ is not trying to condemn me, but bring realization to my life of what needs to be turned over to Him.

I limit myself.

When I'm the one in change of my life, I can only do so much. "I can only do one chore because I need me time since I'm so stressed out from taking care of everything on my own."
I get stuck in my rut - my way of doing things that makes sense to only me.
"I don't think I can..." and I am what I think, right?

I get my heart and mind set in stone on things that only harden me and prevent me from letting God move(in and through me).

Feelings are often deceitful/misleading- "I feel fat." "I don't feel like praying today." "I feel like you are trying to attack my very being."

We want to hold something tangible in out lives - something that seems real (like emotions) and then dig our grip tightly in and around it for proof of our existence or current situations and what our place IS in it all.

His perfect love casts out phobia.
Nothing else matters but His love.
Everything stems from God - we love because He first loved us.
Our relationship with God can turn into agendas and methods.
He looks at us with devotion and admiration.

~Collecting Crowns~
I have been collecting crowns to prove to myself I am Royalty.

But I am worth more than silver and gold and rubies and diamonds.

My God should be my crowning glory - let Him do the talking of my status in His eyes.

Humbly accept His recognition of me and be a true representative of His name,
not just what I think I should be and be entitled to through His signet stamp on my life.

3-23-11 ~ What am I FREED for? (I wrote this in the context of after being freed/saved from sin - what is He freeing me for in the present?)

3-26-11 ~ Doesn't matter where I go, I take myself with me.
I grew used to the thought that I wouldn't be alone, when in truth I am always A Lone person - responsible for my actions and choices.
I should not be solely defined by people around me - I need to be defined by Christ and my actions and responsibilities as His child ... daughter ... princess.
Did I think this title was all hot air?
The reward never comes if you don't persevere.
Have I reflected so poorly on my King?

4-19-11 ~ Sometimes Satan Savors Subtleties. He knows that a head on attack attracts notice, so he can choose to go for the silent and gentle but undermining approach -especially when you're comfortable and your guard is already down.
Why do I feel a stronger allegiance to celebrities than to my Lord who instructs me to live a life of pure morals and motives?

4-20-11 ~ A Purposeful Guided Life.
Not just floating on the fence, but actively strengthening your stand in Christ.

Did Christ die for me just so I can life life this  way? He saved my soul and gave me a pure, clean slate ....just so I could trash it?

What do I know of Holy? An aptly named song by Addison Road that really questions how much do we truly know our Lord.

Why does Christ seem to be the first thing I'm willing to sacrifice?

I've been praying for wisdom and God brought this passage before me (emphasis added by me)-
James 3:13-18 ~ 13Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. 14But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. 15This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. 16For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing.
 17But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy.
 18And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

I was blown away by this passage. Knowing God is presenting you with wisdom by seeing how it should look and flow is an amazing tool. I'm praying God will ingrain me with these standards so I can better hear Him and then understand what He says. :)

Anyway, a series of unrelated thoughts, but I hope they are used for God's glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment