Friday, May 6, 2011

Quirkiness of Life

With in the past few minutes, when talking to a couple different friends online, I've remembered a couple little quirky things about myself.

Part of my favorite thing when it comes to swing dancing is the music. Sometimes there's a deep bass line making it's mark in the undertones of the song. Then there's the brass shouting for joy - making a path straight for your eardrum and then down to your feet. The swing of the song that you and your partner imitate through dance. :)
When I first started swing dancing, I immediately started purchasing my favorite songs. Then a problem arose. I'd have this music blasting in my car and I found myself getting very irritated. "Why am I so grouchy? This is fun and lively swing music!" After a few times trying to let the music play on in my car, I realized what the issue was: You can't swing dance in your car! So I save the music for times when swing dance is begging to happen but no one else has any music. :)


My friend has a blog post about monsters under your bed. When I was growing up, I thought the Canterville Ghost lived in this particular wall in my room and had a mummy for a roommate. I would lull myself to sleep with stories of the Stuffed Animal Coalition(I came up with that name today :D) - before Toy Story came out, might I add - where they had equipment from Star Wars and agility like ninjas.
Now of days I'm more paranoid about cockroaches in my room -  I've had 2 experiences in the last few months, in 2 different houses!
I had one crawling around my room in our last house and it crawled into my pillow and buzzed in my ear :O :S :P
Then in the new house I found one crawling over my stuff and then going into a bag under my bed.
I now cringe at the sound of rustling plastic bags in my room. x_X


I used to carry around this miniature plastic ninja in my pocket that I got from those machines at Best Buy and dollar stores, where you put 0.25-0.50 cents in and only get a little trinket in a surprisingly hard to open bubble casing. But I couldn't resist the ninja! I lost my first one at a Family Force 5 concert. I guess he wanted to join the band! I got another one and carried it around for at least another year, but eventually he stopped making it into the stuff I filled my pockets with. Now he protects my misc pile at home.

1 comment:

  1. You can always depend on the stuffed animal coalitions! :)

    ReplyDelete