This passage goes to the very root of who we are and how we live our lives.
When we get worried about a situation, are we genuinely pursuing Truth, that will allow us to act Honorably and Justly? Are our intentions Pure? Are we looking to create Beauty (Loveliness) from the situation?
Are the choices we make something Worthy of Praise and Commendable? (The dictionary defines "commend" as: to present, mention, or praise as worthy of confidence,notice, kindness, etc.;
recommend; to entrust; give in charge; deliver with confidence;
to cite or name with approval or special praise.)
Are we Excelling in our communication and actions?
Is there willingness to continue to learn, receive, hear, and see beautiful new things through a variety of sources - often unexpected ones?
Do we filter our thoughts through Christ in all these ways and therefore into our actions?
So often I find myself distraught over life. Sometimes it's silly little things and sometimes it's serious. Either way, God cares. :) Why do I feel like I need to work it out all on my own? That's in fact the LAST thing I was designed to do by my Creator. I am not isolated. God wants me to commune with Him and express things that I'm going through. This helps me learn more about Him and about myself.
Right next door to where I work is a "Center for Spiritual Living" and the pillars are covered in sayings about Peace in different languages. I admit, I know nothing about this groups affiliations or beliefs but a thought struck me earlier today.
There is no Peace like the kind that surpasses all understanding, which is extended to us from the Prince of Peace. Am I taking the measures to know my Majestic Master?
I quote that verse often! And even this morning as I had a bad dream and it was staying in my mind for too long lol
ReplyDeleteMy counselor told me of a book that focuses just on that passage. She couldn't remember who it was by, but when she does I'll let you know. :-)
I would definitely like to hear the book title when you find it :)
Delete